How Much Does It Cost for Movers to Pack Your Stuff?
Moving can be stressful. There are a lot of things that you need to balance and get set up and the last thing that you want to worry about is how you will get everything packed and ready to go. One option that you can choose to make this easier is to hire professional movers to pack up all of your items. But how much will these services cost?
The average cost of hiring professional movers to pack everything during a move is $1000, though most homes will range from $270 to $2200, explains professional movers in Sarasota, Flat Fee Movers. The number of items you plan to pack, the size of your living arrangements, and the amount of packing material that you need can make this price higher or lower.
Let’s take a closer look at the different costs you may pay when you decide to use movers to pack all of your items.
How Much Does it Cost to Have Movers Pack My Stuff?
Moving can be hard and packing is something that most people would like to avoid. Whether you are short on time or just do not feel like doing all the packing on your own, you may decide that hiring a professional packer is a great option.
The cost to pack up your home will range between $270 to $2200 with the average being close to $1000. This total should include all the materials and labor to help pack everything up.
Of course, the exact amount that you will pay depends on the size of the home, the types of items that are getting packed up, and how much packing materials you will need to get the home all ready to go. When you hire a packing company, they will send out a professional to take a look at the home and give you a quote on how much it will all cost. Some the things to do with this person include:
- Let them know if you plan to only have certain things wrapped.
- When the professional gives you the finalized list, check that only the items you specified are on the list. If there are extra things, this can cost you more.
- Some packing services charge by the hour and some will do a flat rate based on how many items. You will notice that the costs can vary from one company to another.
You may want to look into more than one company to ensure that they will provide the best services and can take care of you through the moving process.
There are ways to save a bit on the costs that you spend with a professional mover. You could do most of the packing on your own, saving the services of the professionals to some of the last-minute items or some of the valuables that you want to keep safe.
You can even purchase your own packing supplies, which will save quite a bit of money compared to what the professional movers will charge you.
How Much Do Movers Cost Per Room
Many movers will charge based on how many rooms they will need to pack up. This gives them a good estimate on how many items they will need to pack and the amount of materials they may go through. Some examples of average prices for your move based on the number of rooms in your apartment or house include:
- One-bedroom apartment: This can cost about $450 for packing labor and $150 for packing materials.
- Two-bedroom apartment: This can cost about $525 for packing labor and $150 for packing materials.
- Three-bedroom apartment: This can cost about $468 for packing labor and $225 for packing materials
- Three bedroom home: This can cost a bit more than the apartment at $725 for packing labor and $350 for packing materials
- Four bedroom house: This will cost about $1175 for packing labor and $450 for packing materials.
These are all estimates based on the number of items traditionally in a home. If you do not want as many things packed up in packing material, you can lower the cost as well.
The moving company also sends a professional to take a look at the home to ensure that there is the number of items that they expect before they give a quote. If you have fewer items, the cost for the move will be lower.
Choosing a Professional Moving Company
The right professional moving company will help get all the packing done without all the hassle. This will save you a lot of time and can reduce the stress you feel during a move. If this is the option you want to go with, it is a good idea to compare prices for several different companies to find the one that is the best deal for you!