Do Pressure Washing Companies Use Your Water?
Pressure washing can provide the most effective cleaning of outdoor structures. The best way to get the job done is by hiring a professional pressure washing company. You may have some questions as to how the process works. You can read about what to expect right here, including if they should use your water. Read it all below.
Understand That Most Do Not Carry Water
According to Beam SoftWash, which does pressure washing in El Campo, most pressure washing companies will hook up to the water hose bib and use the customer's water. However, there are some companies that do not do this. Some companies will bring their own storage tank. Do note that it may cost extra for companies to bring their own water. Some companies do not offer those services though.
Finding the Right Company
The most important thing to do when looking to have your home or business pressure washed is looking into a reputable pressure washing company. You will want someone that has a license and is skilled at what they do. There are a lot great pressure washing companies, but do note that there are some bad apples out there.
What Makes a Good Pressure Washing Company
You may be wondering what makes a good pressure washing company. This section will help you understand what to expect. You want to invest in a company that will do what you want done and be affordable at the same time. Check out some of the aspects of a good pressure washing company below.
Key aspects of a great pressure washing company:
- Ask about equipment. You will want a pressure washing company that use professional grade equipment. Anything less would defeat the purpose of hiring a professional company. Professional grade equipment provides a better clean and uses less water, among other things.
- Ask about chemicals. A great pressure washing company will use commercial grade cleaner in their machines. They will have professional cleaning chemicals available if needed during the pressure washing process.
- Reasonable prices. You do not want to go with the cheapest company. You don’t want a company that cuts corners. Check into some local prices for what you need pressure washed. You don’t have to go with the highest price, but you don’t wan to go with an unreasonably low price.
- The company offers a guarantee. This shows that they are confident in their business, services, and employees. The guarantee gives the customer peace of mind, especially if the company requires payment before the service is rendered.
- The company carries insurance. Accidents happen sometimes. Every good business owner will carry insurance. This protects the business and shows that they are reputable. Plus, if something is damaged during the cleaning process, you will not have to pay for it, as they can compensate for any damage.
How to Find a Pressure Washing Company
Now that you know what makes a good company, you will want to know how to find one that meets the criteria above. There are a number of things to look for. Simply calling the company and asking some questions will help. However, it is good to see what other people think about the company.
Some ways to find a good pressure washing company:
- Look for reviews. People like to leave reviews. When a company does a good job, it may be given a review on some major search engines. On the other hand, if the company offers poor service, then bad reviews will be available.
- Call locally. See if you can get an estimate over the phone. A company that is reasonably priced will usually not have a problem giving you an estimate. Some companies try to come out and give estimates, which pressure customers into buying. See if you can get an estimated figure over the phone.
Does It Require a Lot of Water?
You may be thinking that it will take a lot of water if the pressure washing company uses yours. However, when pressure washing you do not use as much water as running the water hose. Plus, the water stops running when the nozzle on the sprayer is not being sprayed.
A regular water hose uses eight gallons of water for every minute, but a pressure washer only uses about five gallons. Note that this amount of water will not be used when the pressure washer is not spraying water.
Before you hire a xompany, make sure to check into all the resources listed above. Yes, some companies do carry their own water, just note that most do not. Feel free to ask the company of your choice if the provide their own water. If you are interested, you can check out this YouTube video for more information.